“Employment is the key to breaking the cycle of crime”
Tempus Novo is an award-winning charity that works with serving prisoners and ex-offenders who want to change their lives by stopping the cycle of crime. This endless cycle has damaged the social fabric of this country whilst also costing the UK taxpayer several billion pounds every year. Together we can change lives and make a real difference. #winwinwin
Tempus Novo has a unique strength; it’s understanding and direct links into the British prison system. Founded in 2014 by two serving Senior Prison Officers at HMP Leeds, Tempus Novo operates within the prisons to identify offenders committed to transforming their lives. Upon release, these prisoners continue to work with Tempus Novo to gain employment whilst also receiving hands on mentorship and support for a minimum of 6 months.
The Tempus Novo model is based on being bespoke, personal and sustainable. We work with a growing number of employers in and around Yorkshire who share the same vision and are willing to give ex-offenders a second chance.
Since conception, 98% of those who were interviewed were able to secure employment.
Achievements in 2018 (to Nov)
• 86 in to work – 86 lives changed! (and counting!)
• Only 1 returned to custody (so far)
Achievements in 2017
• 70 in to work – 70 lives changed!
• Pre-TN these 70 had 996 convictions
• Cost per conviction on avg = £65k
• Cost pre-TN = £64.74 million
• Only 2 returned to custody
• Post (TN after 18 months) = 18 convictions
• Cost post-TN = £1.7 million
• Retention rate in work 80% after 6 months
• Potential savings in prison costs = £5.25 million (£96 per day)
• Saving to UK economy – STAGGERING!
• Re-conviction rate of 1.8%